Lyn Alden seems to have appeared almost out of nowhere, suddenly permeating media channels I monitor. And every time, her analysis seems logical, based on solid data, and presented in a reasonable, no-hype manner. This makes her an analyst to watch, so I was delighted to have a chance to sit down with her and get her thoughts on almost all the main trends that dominate my own thinking these days.
· Lyn’s background, methodology.
· Use of models, need for reality checks.
· Use of forecasts.
· Why inflation is beating deflation—and is it “transitory”?
· Will good news ever be good again in a Fed-driven market?
· Lyn’s outlook for gold (would she buy today).
· Lyn’s outlook for silver—how is it different from gold?
· Lyn’s outlook on energy, oil vs. gas, uranium.
· Lyn’s outlook on energy metals: copper, nickel, lithium, others.
· Lyn’s outlook on PGMs.
· What company types does a macro investor like Lyn invest in?
· Lyn’s take on technical analysis.
· Is Bitcoin a buy now, at $40,000?
· Lyn’s take on Bitcoin maximalism.
· Lyn’s take on Ethereum.
· Lyn’s take on gold-backed cryptos.
· Lyn’s latest, most important insight.
Obviously, this conversation ran a bit long, but all of Lyn’s answers were insightful and thought-provoking. I could have spent far longer on any of these topics, so maybe we’ll drill down on just one area next time.
Meanwhile, I hope you find Lyn’s Independent View as interesting and useful as I did.